Hello to all the wonderful ladies in the house!
In the past few months I have been honored to meet, speak and inspire so many women. It’s been great fun teaching how to make organizing principles turn into a reality in their family’s home.
I have quite a bit to update you on and give you a teachable tip that I hope you can use to help simplify your life! Until next time, remember – Happy Days Come Thru Organized Ways!
What I’ve Been Up To…
In January, I had the honor co-leading a three week organizing class for women at my home church Scottsdale Bible Church with the wonderful Women’s Ministry Leader, Jessica Neill. We assisted nearly 40 women on creating solutions for tackling those “hot spots” in their home.
Last summer, I birthed my third child. We’ll not really, but the labor was just as intense spending 6 months writing, editing with my friend Leah Folkestad and designing my 45-page Organizing Workshop Booklet for busy moms! You’ll fall in love the moment you lay eyes on her. Her name is Creating a Firm Foundation – We Must Have a P.L.A.N. Workshop.
The fabulous Angel Mamas non-profit organization asked me if I’d kick-off their first “friendraiser” with my workshop. Founded by inspiring, big-hearted mother Shira Nicks just a few years ago, Shira took her vision of gathering mothers together via social and outreach event. Event monies earned are applied to the charity focus of the year which is currently is Devereux, a non-profit behavioral health organization. Check out their site for upcoming events for yourself or your kiddos you may be interested in attending. It was a great night by all!
Today’s Teachable Tip: Frequent Vendor Cards
How do you store your frequent vendor member cards – grocery store, public library, coffee shop and of course your friendly neighborhood yogurt shop? You want the perks but not the clutter. One day the “light went on in my brain” and I said hummm, a dollar bill fits nicely in my wallet…Voila!
- Cut out JUST your cards’ bar codes. Mark vendor name with sharpie if logo doesn’t show well.
- Place your most frequently used vendors on the top AND the bottom of your strip.
- Lay all barcodes facing up in the SHAPE OF A DOLLAR BILL.
- Tape the entire strip both front and back with clear packing tape.
- Place in wallet with your moola for easy accessibility.
- BE PREPARED for every cashier this moment forward to tell you “What a smart organizing idea!”
- RU a more ONLINE vs. HANDS- ON Gal? Check www.justoneclubcard.com to simplify it all!
- Simple and easy…choose your organizing style. Got 7 minutes…DO IT NOW!